Saturday, July 25, 2009

Not a good morning

Just got in from a sucky long run. But I guess I could just say "a long run," and the sucky part is kind of implied. ARGH. I'm so frustrated. I either need to drastically reduce my goal speed, which means running slow enough that I'm bored and not enjoying myself........ or quit training for a half marathon. And honestly, I want to quit the half marathon training. I'm not a solid enough runner at SHORT distances to realisticly train for a half marathon. And this is not a pity party -- this is fact. I've done this same thing before, and it wasn't enjoyable. Every step of that half marathon sucked. At least I had done it for charity and in my grandfather's honor -- those were the only things casting a slightly positive light on that race. Sooooooo what delusion is it that makes me think this time will be different, when I'm starting at the same point and doing the same things?? It won't be, and it's going to suck. But I already paid my $100 registration fee so that i could run it with my husband -- who I will make miserable for 13.1 miles. Yay for bonding.
 
Whatever.
 
Food from yesterday:
Breakfast: oatmeal n OJ
Snack: piece of dark chocolate
Lunch: panera chicken ceasar salad with dressing on the side -- only used about a half Tbsp instead of the 5 or 6 they gave me
Snack: grande light java chip frappucino
Dinner: 2 hot dogs and a handful of apple-cinammon mini rice cakes

1 comment:

  1. STFU.

    It's hotter than donkey balls outside. It will get SO MUCH BETTER when it cools off out! Why do you think I'm sticking to the treadmill til I start ACTUALLY training in September?

    ReplyDelete