Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Monday and Tuesday's activities

Well I guess I forgot to talk about my workouts for Monday and Tuesday. Bad me.

Monday I "did yoga". The only on-demand video I found that was long enough that I thought it would be a decent workout was WAY too advanced for me with my zero upper body strength and even less balance. It was definitely a good workout (I'm still sore in places!), and I only managed to get through maybe 8 or 9 minutes of it! I'd get back into it after lying face-down on my mat in total exhaustion for a few seconds, but I didn't make it very long each time. lol. So I think I'll start doing that on Mondays and try to get better at it.

Yesterday morning was the start of what I think will remain Interval Tuesdays. My watch was set for 7 intervals of 400m (1/4mi) with a .35mi rest between, I guess from the last time i did intervals. I dropped the rest down to .15mi for a good challenge, and I had an awesome time. There was a bit of a break in humidity (I could use a regular drinking straw to breathe, as opposed to those giant ones they give you with really thick milkshakes), and I felt great. I managed to do all 7 without extending the rest portions, and my average time for the run segments was about 9-9:05/mi. I love intervals. :)

And I think I'm going to start blogging my food for accountability's sake. So let's see... Yesterday:
Breakfast: 1 packet apple cinammon oatmeal, small glass of OJ
Snack: 11 o'clock chocolate break -- 1 piece dove dark chocolate (hey, it's good for my heart!)
Lunch: 6" ham sub on wheat with lots of veggies and no sauce/mayo, a banana
Snack: slice of cheese while cooking dinner
Dinner: Italian sausage delight -- hot italian sausage, bell peppers, and pasta, mixed with a squirt of italian dressing.
Snack: scoop of low fat ice cream. I'm menstrual. Back off. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment