Friday, January 30, 2009

My Swagger's Serious

I've been semi-bad this week.... I skipped cross-training on Monday. Did my 3-miler on Tuesday with Dave's garmin. I've been kicking around the idea of buying one for myself, but I always eventually decide I'm content with Nike+, fickle as it may sometimes be. What do you really want for $30? And I'd rather $150 go to my student loans at this point, I think.

I also skipped my run on Thursday, BUT I just made it up today. I split it into 2 runs on the Nike+ because I was going along at a pretty good clip for the first half, and I wanted that to be separate from the 2nd half, when I expected to slow down quite a bit. My first 1.5mi was at about 9:40/mi, and the 2nd 1.5mi was at about 10:00/mi. Both of those are pretty fast for me. I probably should've gone easier than that, considering I have to run six miles on Sunday (eep!), but I felt good. I always struggle between doing what feels good and taking it easier. Part of me feels like, if it feels good, I should push myself faster. The other part thinks I'll end up injured and not running at all for a while.

And speaking of being bad -- I also made brownies last night. I purposely bought the super sweet mix with fudge topping so that I'll only be able to tolerate a tiny piece. But holy yum was that good.

I haven't gotten on the scale in a few days. I'm hoping that if I give it the silent treatment, it will start telling me what I want to hear. ;)

OK, off to the showers, then finishing de-Christmasing (don't judge me!), and maybe off to dinner somewhere yummy... or cooking dirty rice/lean ground beef...

No comments:

Post a Comment