Friday, January 9, 2009

Yay for me; BOO for Nike+

So I decided that week 4 was as good a time as any to incorporate bridges. Dave and I parked near the base of the wonderwood bridges and headed out. The original plan was just to run until I hit 1.5 mi and then turn around and come back, knowing I might not get much of the ICW bridge. I mocked the first "bridge" as we went over it; I conceded that the 2nd bridge was a bit of a challenge; and the ICW bridge was murder! ... but in a good way. haha. I started out faster than I should've, but as usual I felt good and wanted just go a little faster... I need to kick that habit. I took the bridges one challenge at a time, and we actually did all 3 bridges (though we didn't go all the way down the ICW bridge before turning around) and headed back. All told it was 4.6 miles. Umm, my long run on Sunday is supposed to be 4 miles! OOPS! :) It was a really nice workout, and I didn't take walk breaks, though my overall pace was a bit slow for me (10:56/mi). I'm not all that worried about the pace considering it WAS bridges, and farther than I've run in a while even on flat roads. So I was pretty happy with myself.

HOWEVER, I am NOT happy with Nike+. It lost my run data AGAIN! That means that without adding a day of running to my schedule (not going to happen), even if I don't skip ANY of my runs, it will think I didn't make my goal of 12 runs in January. Frustrating! That's twice this week it went screwy, and it had only happened one other time since I got it in February '08. I'm going to have to try updating my itunes and see if that helps. I keep ignoring the little "do you want to update" box. I don't know if that's the problem, but I'll give it a shot. And I'll surf around the nike+ website for clues. If this keeps up I'm going to have to start giving more thought to getting a garmin...

No comments:

Post a Comment