Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sweet / BOO!

Well, I made it! 4 miles, no walk breaks. I really had to concentrate on slowing down so that I didn't burn out too soon. I still ended up at an average pace of 10:29/mi, so I'm pretty happy about that.

HOWEVER... Something happened between my ipod/itunes/computer, and it completely lost the run data, so it's not uploaded into my nike+ account. This makes me quite sad! For one, it would have helped to lower my average pace (which counts the average of any time I've used it, going back to when I was running slower AND taking walk breaks). Not only that, but I did a little "goal" thing to do 12 runs in January, so now this one won't count. Stinkers. Well, that just leaves zero room for error (there are 13 scheduled runs this month) -- not on my part OR my equipment's!

Still, actually getting the run in is what matters. It was nice to actually feel relaxed; the "are we there yet?" feeling didn't really hit until after mile 3 (it's usually settling in right around the 2 mile mark). I think that was because I didn't start out too fast the way I normally do.

2 comments:

  1. I'm readjusting the printed schedule too. Mostly because I want to run 8 or 9 miles before the race. I can't imagine going from 7 to 9. I'm really looking forward to doing 4 again next weekend. I should do much better this time! I'm also an afternoon/evening runner. I hate running in the morning, but sometimes I gotta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm not sure how you can feel confident after only 7 miles. Although, most marathon training plans only go to 20 miles. But I never thought that was a great idea either. :) I'm sure some person smarter than me has some logic to explain it... but I'd rather do 8 miles. By the time you hit 8 miles in the RR, you're at the base of the Hart. And at that point, it's pretty much all mental. :)

    I actually prefer to run in the morning, but lately I can't get out of bed before work.. and on the weekends as soon as the sun gets up it's hot enough that I talk myself out of it. lol

    ReplyDelete