Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sleep is going to be SO sweet!

Well, I think my silent treatment of the scale may have had its intended effect. According to the scale I'm down a couple of pounds. That happened to me once before, but it ended up just being water weight that reappeared a couple of days later. We'll see what happens this time..

6 miles today! I was slightly phobic of the distance in general. I did a 10K in November and it was NOT GOOD. I managed to complete it without walking, but it was brutal. I don't think I was adequately trained for the distance, and that coupled with a torrential downpour made for a really unpleasant trek. I think my time was something like 11:40/mi, which isn't bad, but I had really wanted to get in at about 11.

I managed to get some new tunes for my ipod. Dave has been listening to this DJ Greg J on his computer for a while. He mixes mostly hip-hop songs, but he combines the beats of one song with the vocals of another song that you never in your wildest dreams would've thought to combine, but it is (almost always) ambrosia for the ears. What's really nice is that dave has the full albums in single mp3s, and the songs he mixes aren't full-length. So it'll be a piece of one thing for a minute or so, and then it mixes into something else. It's usually mixed well enough that even if it's a song you like that's being faded out, you're usually going "ooh, I like this song!" about the next one. And on the occasion that the mix isn't working for you (there was a piece with gwen stefani's escape lyrics with the background from cyndi lauper girls just wanna have fun that did absolutely nothing for me), you know it'll be over before you get too sick of it.

So, I have DJ Greg J to thank for my 6 mile run today. It took me until 5:30 to get my butt out there, and I had to run past COUNTLESS grills with seriously awesome smelling steaks, ribs, etc -- but I still managed to get my 6 miles in, with no walk breaks, and I actually came in at about the same pace I usually run my 3-miler runs in! I did find out from running with dave's garmin and the nike+ at the same time that the nike+ is about 10-15s/mi off on my pace, so what I've been thinking is about 10:15 is probably about 10:30, but I couldn't care less. I just like to know how my runs are comparing to each other, and I like to know when I start going faster than I can sustain -- whether it's really 10:15 or even 16:00, I truly don't care. I'm back in my "I don't need a garmin" phase, in case you couldn't tell. :)

Anyway, Dave and I just finished TiVoing through the football portion of tonight's big event and watching the commercials, so I'm going to read in bed for about 10 minutes before I become completely and totally comatose. I can't wait. I'm so exhausted, and I am going to sleep SO well! :)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't do mine. I'm bad. I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I can't believe you waited so late, I would have stopped at the first grill! Glad you're doing well and feeling some improvement. I was in my "I don't need an iPhone" phase until last week I couldn't take it anymore. I'm a proud owner.

    ReplyDelete