Sunday, January 11, 2009

4 miles, take 2.

Today was supposed to be the first time I ran 4 miles, but as I mentioned, I got ahead of myself on Thursday and did a little over 4.5mi. It could have backfired on me in the long run, but I think all is fine.

This morning my husband and I woke up early and drove down to Waldo to watch the first of their triathlon series. Dave is getting into tris now, and he was really interested in watching one so he could get a feel for how the transition area gets set up and how people tackle the transition phase. I think it was definitely valuable for him, and it was nice weather, so I didn't mind heading out there and taking some pictures.

The only bad thing about that is that I had to move the run to the evening... which gives me the whole day to dread it and try to talk myself out of it. lol. Especially today, when I knew I could technically get away with just running 3 miles, since I had done the 4 miles on Thursday. But I laced up and headed out, and stuck it out for 4 miles. I actually did a little over, though I think my nike+ over-estimated by .1 miles or so, so I think my average pace was probably about 10:40. That makes me a happy girl! Granted, I would love it to be more like 5:40 :) but I'm all about healthy, realistic goals this year, and I did a 4 mile run without walk breaks at a speed that is respectable for my training level (..and the extra 25lb I'm carrying around with me these days).

Now it's time to hit the shower and head to the grocery store and maybe the produce stand. I'm determined to find some good tangerines. It still gets me that when I was at school in PA we had "Florida Honey Tangerines," which were the best, sweetest fruit ever... but they are nowhere to be found IN florida. Just one more way for Florida to be mean to me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment