Friday, January 16, 2009

Ups, downs, wind, and lemonade.

Well, Thursday was not good. Lately, every 2nd or 3rd run, I'll start off feeling like I'm using someone else's legs, and mine just won't cooperate. Specifically on my right leg, my calf is super tight, and when I try to lengthen my stride, I get pain right behind my kneecap or down the inside of my lower leg (like the side of the calf muscle). It usually goes away more or less once I'm warmed up.

Thursday, it didn't really go away. It started to hurt more on the way down the Acosta Bridge, and it was a struggle to get up the Main street bridge without walking. Once I got into Friendship Park I had to walk, and from that point on I was pretty much just fumbling through something walk-runish. At the base of the Main street I finally called it quits and turned my nike+ off, and just walked back to the car. I have to do 5 miles this weekend, so there's no point in overexerting on bridges.

Tomorrow I might go with Dave for a hammerhead spinning class thing just to get some time on the spin bikes for about an hour. He's staying longer to spin longer and also to swim, so I'm thinking we'll take separate cars, and maybe I'll come home and work on de-christmasing the house.

I also have some photo editing to do, because I had a marvelous Trash the Dress session today. There were a number of challenges with the weather being so nasty. We ended up staying inside the Terrace Suites at Alltel Stadium for 99% of the shots, and the event coordinator who was helping us didn't really know how to turn the lights on. So, trying to make the sunlight from the windows work was a bit tricky. I was really wishing that I had off-camera lighting to play with. There was this one shot that i had set up, and let me tell you... if I had had Kylene's softbox, it would've been DELICIOUS. I might be able to use ye olde photoshoppe to merge 2 images and make it work, but that will take some playing around.

I also think I might try to spend some time on Sunday getting at least a plan for a website worked out, and figure out which images I would want to be a part of my portfolio etc etc. That way, once I know what I want, my dear sweet hubby can help me make it happen.

In other news, we made fresh lemonade tonight. Holy tartness! But it was quite tasty. We need to figure out a way to freeze the concentrate so that we have it ready and waiting for us come summertime.... and by summertime I clearly mean next week. LOL

1 comment:

  1. mmm... lemonade!

    i tripped and slightly twisted my ankle wednesday, so we're pushing the 5 miles to tomorrow. no biggie. i just felt like i needed an extra day to rest it. with that said, does shopping count as cross training? HA HA

    ReplyDelete