Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sad little Nike Dude!

Well, I shouldn't laugh at her, but my little Nike dude looks so pathetic! "I've turned into a couch potato! I need to run!" lol I had read that it would get tired and try to guilt me into running, but I hadn't seen it for myself. So I decided not to sync up my runs for a bit and see what happened. LOL. So I actually HAVE been running; I just haven't synced the nike+ up to the computer since last Wednesday.

Since then:
3mi run on Thursday: total crap. I think I was at about 12min/mi, and I just felt dreadful. It felt like running felt during marathon training, which was a time when I really didn't ENJOY running. I was feeling extremely bummed Thursday evening. I should note that I gave blood on Wednesday, so it's possible that that had an impact. I learned on Monday that giving blood actually burns ~650 calories through replenishment of factors, which is the equivalent of about a 5-6mi run... so it's not that surprising that my run the next day would be a little off. It was still frustrating nonetheless.

Sunday: I was up at 4:30a to get ready to go to Waldo for their sprint tri in which Dave was competing. I slept a little bit in the car, but it was intermittent and not deep. We were back on the road from Waldo at about 11a, and for some brilliant reason we went to McD's for lunch, and I decided I would eat a big mac and fries. Not only is this a bad idea in and of itself, but we had a race on the beach at 3p. Not exactly fuel for athletes... Needless to say, the beaches run was AWFUL. I had to walk a couple of times, and even when I was running, it felt painfully slow. I was hot, and BOY was I cranky. I yelled at dave for smiling, muttered "I hate you" to the guys up front when I saw them on their way back, and was just generally unpleasant to be around. I am never, ever running a beaches run again. And since Dave didn't listen to my suggestion that he run ahead, he got to witness every second of my awesomeness first-hand, and I highly doubt he will try to convince me to run one ever again. So I think we can go ahead and close that chapter of my running life. lol

Tuesday: 3 mile run. I was determined to have a good run if it was the last thing I did. I had had good runs and really felt like I was making progress until the Thursday and Sunday runs just chopped my confidence into teeny tiny pieces. Thankfully, this run was back to what is becoming the norm for me -- about 10:20/mi pace, no walk breaks. My ankles did NOT feel good when we first started, which I assume has to do with the 5 miles on the sand on Sunday. But they seemed to loosen up or warm up or whatever it is that they decided to do to make themseleves happy again. Whatever it was, I'm grateful for it!

I desperately need to do bridges training. Thursday is supposed to be our bridge training day, but we have our annual homeowners' meeting tonight, so I think I might just try out the shred tonight instead. Maybe tomorrow we can go downtown and do the bridges. I'm going to work super early because the marathon this weekend is royally messing with parking starting tomorrow, so I should get home well before rush hour..

2 comments:

  1. Yeah... I hate when I eat something bad before a run. My stomach always makes me pay for it.

    And your Nike+ profile has a turtle icon. That's not very nice.

    I'm going to run 3 tonight.. then 5 on Saturday or Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your letter is.... M! Go!

    ReplyDelete