Saturday, July 31, 2010

Victory!

I did it! I stressed out allllll day on Friday about my impending treadmill doom session. I was more obsessive about hydration than I was leading up to even my marathon. And honestly, for some reason, this seemed in my head to be more of a challenge. I'm not sure why it psyched me out so much, or why I let it, but it DID.
 
But, yeno. I'm awesome. And I totally did it.
 
I was pretty sure I was going to pop a lung at the end of the second 0.75mi interval, but we'll keep that just between us (me, and the internets, aka the no one who reads this. haha).
 
Today was ZUUUUUMBA, which is one of the best parts of my week. Today someone actually tapped me on the shoulder between songs and said she was so glad I was there because she was watching me and it helped her. SCARY! haha. Made me feel good though. Directly after she said that, naturally, they played a song I'd never done before, and I reverted to what I like to call The Flopping Fish, which probably made my new friend find herself someone else to watch. Which is all good.
 
Tomorrow we're going to Titusville to visit some of the hubby's family and maybe relax in their pool if the weather permits. Before we leave though (before the sun's up, actually), I'm going to get in a jog/run. Going to go for 4 miles, which should be extremely interesting. I'm going outside, which I haven't done in over two months.. and I haven't really run more than a mile and a half straight for about a month now. Not smart. But I've been having so much fun with intervals! Soooo I'm certain tomorrow's run won't exactly be pretty, between the heat/humidity and my lack of steady training for any kind of distance. But you have to start somewhere, and I definitely need to get started! I want to be able to be doing somewhere between 5-7mi on the weekends by the time the race rolls around, which is something like 12 weeks. Certainly do-able (heck, TNT marathon training is only 16 weeks!), but I'm going to have to put in the time. Such is life. No magic; just hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment