Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pint shy of a full tank

I gave blood today! Hooray! I've been sucking down water like you wouldn't believe since then. I'm going for a run this evening (though recent weather reports seem to want to foil that plan...). What's that you say, you're not supposed to run after you give blood? Yeah, I know. But no one said I was smart. But I'll be running with Kate, so if I die, she can call someone. ::thumbs up::

Then tomorrow morning I need to do 3.5mi... run w/Kate Fri morning, and then cross-train on Fri evening (probably bosu!), and then (dun dun DUN) 5 miles on Saturday or Sunday.. probably Saturday morning. I'm ridiculously UNexcited about 5 miles. My two 4 milers were under the time goal of 11:00/mi (10:56/mi for #1 and 10:44/mi for #2 -- yeah Jersey weather!), but they didn't exactly feel like strong performances. Rather, I was on the verge of quitting for the last 2 miles, and near death for the last mile. My hope was that, at each mileage increase, I would feel ready for the challenge. I guess that's a little much to ask from myself considering my general lack of athleticism.

Hopefully I'll have the chance to put together a fun playlist on my ipod to keep me entertained at least. DJ Greg J will have to carry me through, yet again!

I had an amazing weekend in Jersey last weekend -- I went to my little-sister-from-another-mother's wedding and then spent the following day with my mom/dad, aunt/uncle, cousins/spouses, and cousins' kids. I haven't seen that whole crew since the wedding, which was almost a year and a half ago now. I got to play with 6 bundles of joy of various sizes, from 2 to 8 or 9, swim, hot-tub, and just generally soak up family time. I can't wait until we are back and closer to all of them. I have definitely started to make better friends down here, but between my family and my best friend and second family -- my heart is in Jersey. I cry just about every time I leave, though I can sometimes focus on the four-legged goofball waiting for me back in Jax.

Upcoming fun in my life:
7/17 Dave's bday
725 "Beach olypmics" - party for July bdays among Dave's triathlon friends
7/25-8/1 House/pet-sitting for my co-worker with 5 cats and 2 dogs
8/1 Family Photoshoot on the beach
8/15 Photoshoot w/Kylene
8/16 Photoshop Workshop for Professional Photographers (yeah.. it's like that. ;) )
9/12 Wedding shoot -- my first solo gig!

No comments:

Post a Comment